Tuesday, April 28, 2009

lesson plan

okay so i know i'm back in all these grad school classes as the oldest one in the room, but it really hit me when i had to do a technology enhanced lesson plan.  I can't even say I'm old school as a teacher, because I'm not teaching yet.  But this assignment was just what I needed.  It forced me into thinking about all the possibilities and potential for bringing interesting and innovative ideas into the classroom.  
Visiting some of the sites and reading the articles was a great introduction to all the possibilities. The page from the Library of Congress was very interesting to me.  Just laying out all the ideas about using primary sources -- selecting sources, organizing instruction, and activities for the instruction cycle laid out things for me very well.  I'm glad people who know what they're doing have thought all this through so I don't have to think about any of this and use all their expertise to do my lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment