Thursday, April 30, 2009

Class Reflection

Okay so its been 25 years since I've been in a classroom and had no idea what to expect from a grad level class and absolutely no clue about what an on-line class might entail.  I was very nervous to even show up for the first class.  It wasnt at all like i expected.   I loved the pacing and the ability to do things when I could do them.  Doc Luongo was right on top of us all semester with little reminders like, "module 6 is to be complete by tomorrow night at midnight."  It was her way of saying if you havent done your work yet...get your act together and do it.  
I learned an unbelievable amount about what was out there in the world to bring interesting ideas and activities to the classroom rather than just a chalkboard and an overhead projector.  I will definitely have a web page for my classes when i start teaching.  what a fantastic way to communicate with parents and let them know what is going on in the classroom.  This is a great way for kids to keep up on homework if they miss school or forget to write down an assignment--and parents for that matter to know what the kid should be working on.  
Technology in the classroom is a must and i know that now that i have been through this class.  I will always be looking for a way to integrate technology into a lesson plan and look for interesting ways to improve learning.
and Doc--you are very inspiring!  from the notes that you sent after we submitted assignments, to your energy and enthusiasm in the classroom--and your passion for the subject was contagious!  thank you for doing such a great job and I'm looking forward to the reading-hybrid course this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the feedback.

    Cannot wait to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete